Tue, Aug 03|
Professional PT - Garden City & Virtual
2021 Physician Lecture Series: Concussion - Fact and Fiction
TIME & LOCATION:
Aug 03, 2021, 8:00 PM – 10:00 PM
Professional PT - Garden City & Virtual , 645 Stewart Ave, Garden City, NY 11530, USA
ABOUT THE EVENT:
We are excited to announce that Dr. Audrey Paul, pediatrician and concussion specialist, along with Jessica Paparella-Wachtel, DPT, Physical Therapist and Clinical Director of Professional PT - Garden City, will be lecturing to the staff of Professional Physical Therapy.
- The participant will be able to describe the pathophysiology of concussions.
- The participant should be able to identify and recognize the diagnostic tools for concussions
- The participant should be able to describe concussion treatment modalities.
Dr. Audrey Paul - M.D.Ph.D. FACEP FAAP
Dr. Audrey Paul is trained in both pediatrics and pediatric emergency medicine. She received her undergraduate degree in Biochemistry from Harvard College, and completed her medical and residency training at the Mt. Sinai School of Medicine in NYC. She completed her fellowship training in pediatric emergency medicine at Columbia Presbyterian and is double-boarded in pediatrics and pediatric emergency medicine. Dr. Paul has lectured extensively to youth sports organizations in the tri-state area and has given medical grand rounds regarding concussion diagnosis and management.
She is the recipient of a grant from the American College of Emergency Physicians to evaluate the quality of nationwide discharge instructions for pediatric concussion in pediatric and adult emergency departments. She has also served as the past chair of the pediatric emergency medicine section for the American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP) and is currently the alternate chancellor for the ACEP Pediatric Emergency Medicine Committee. Dr. Paul is PALS, BLS, and ACLS certified and a credentialed ImPACT® consultant. On a personal note, Dr. Paul lives in Westport CT with her husband and 2 children, both of whom play ice hockey.
Jessica Paparella-Wachtel DPT
- Doctoral Degree, Physical Therapy, Stony Brook University
- Bachelor's Degree, Biology, Queens College
- Educational lectures
- Consultant for CyMedica Orthopedics
- Specialties include concussion management, working with the overhead throwing athlete, and return to sport following orthopedic surgery/injury
- Treatment experience ranges from the sedentary, to the weekend warrior, to the professional athlete in the NHL, MLB, MLS, MLL, and UFC