Sat, Oct 02|
Professional PT - Nutley (Midtown), NJ
Blood Flow Restriction (BFR) Training Workshop
TIME & LOCATION:
Oct 02, 2021, 8:00 AM – 5:45 PM
Professional PT - Nutley (Midtown), NJ, 160 Franklin Ave, Nutley, NJ 07110, USA
ABOUT THE EVENT:
Professional is once again partnering with The BFR Pros to offer a 1- Day Live Training Workshop to be held at the Professional PT – Nutley (Midtown), NJ location on October 2nd, 2021.
CEUS: 12.0LEARNING OBJECTIVES
- Discuss evidence based exercise science concepts for building muscle mass and muscle strength.
- Critically analyze to role of fatigue and its influence in muscle force production hypertrophy and strength.
- Discuss importance of muscle protein synthesis within the injured, post operative, elderly, neurological and athletic populations.
- Evaluate the benefits of BFR training & its primary mechanisms.
- Identify inclusion and exclusion criteria for determining good BFR candidates.
- Demonstrate Proper BFR equipment handling and BFR cuff placement.
- Assess and implement limb occlusions pressure (LOP) for safety and effectiveness.
- Discuss case studies and design a BFR training program for injured and healthy populations.
This workshop has been designed for:
- Physical Therapists/PTA
- Occupational Therapists
- Athletic Trainers
- Students of all of these disciplines
Introduction, Location logistics, The Roadmap
1 hour 30 minutes
What happens after an injury? Exercise science, Nutrition and Blood Flow Restriction
Athletic Trainers: Professional Seminars Ltd. is recognized by the Board of Certification, Inc. to offer continuing education for Certified Athletic Trainers.
New York Physical Therapists and Physical Therapist Assistants: Professional Seminars is recognized as an approved provider of Physical Therapist and Physical Therapist Assistant continuing education by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Physical Therapy.